As one of the leading staffing agencies in Dade County, Future Force knows that with summer in full swing, it can be difficult to keep employees engaged and on track toward achieving their goals. So how can you inspire and motivate your team to stay on top of their game in the summer months?
It’s easier than you think: By recognizing them.
According to a study by Achievers, a provider of employee rewards and recognition software, 35% of workers believe their employers aren’t inspiring them to do deliver best work. It’s estimated this rate of engagement costs organizations approximately $300 billion a year in lost productivity.
So what can employers do to boost motivation? Again, recognize your team members.
According to the study, only 9% of workers felt they were recognized on a regular basis at work. On the other hand, 57% of CEOs believed that their staff members were recognized regularly.
Clearly, employees don’t feel like they’re being recognized enough at work – and as one of the leading staffing agencies in Dade County, Future Force knows that a lack of recognition is a primary reason why people quit.
If employee recognition isn’t on your radar this summer, then now’s the time to take action. And you don’t need an expensive recognition program to make employees feel like valued team members. Instead, simply:
- Send a hand-written note. Tell them exactly what they did that you’re recognizing and why you appreciate it so much. Explain the impact their hard work has on you, their co-workers, and the company.
- Recognize them publicly. Whether at a meeting, in the company newsletter, or online, call out your top employees for their great performance.
- Offer flex hours. It’s the one free reward employees want most.
- Offer a swap. Giving your top employees an opportunity to pick their own projects or to trade tasks with another colleague. It will empower and reward them at the same time.
- Create a wall of fame. Set aside a public space inside your company and place photos of employees who’ve accomplished something important, along with the details of what they did to earn their place on the wall.
These are just a few ideas, but really there are so many things you can do to recognize employees without spending a lot…or anything at all. So if you want to keep your employees on track this summer, make sure you recognize them for their efforts.
Do you need help hiring hard workers for your team? Call the experts at Future Force. As one of the leading staffing agencies in Dade County, we’ve helped thousands of clients overcome their HR and staffing hassles. And we can help you too! Contact Future Force today to learn more.