As one of Miami’s top staffing agencies, we know there are lots of articles out there about hiring individuals who are “top performers,” or “star employees.” While it’s always great to have a few of these on staff, not every person you hire is going to be a stand out. That said, you want every single person you do hire to be a hard worker, regardless of the position or department they’re in.
So when you’re interviewing, what kinds of questions should you ask to evaluate work ethic – regardless of if you’re hiring for a C-level position or the mail-room clerk?
Here’s a look at 8 possibilities:
- What’s your definition of work ethic?
- How would you describe your work ethic?
- Tell me about a time you went above and beyond in a job.
- Tell me about a time when you had to work as a member of a team to complete a task.
- What would your past boss or supervisor say about your work ethic?
- What would your past co-workers say about your work ethic?
- What excites you about this position or this company?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position?
And if you’d like some additional assistance with the hiring process – beyond ideas for interview questions – let us know. As one of Miami’s top staffing agencies, we’ve helped thousands of clients find qualified, reliable, and hard working talent on a short-term, seasonal, and full-time basis. Contact us today to learn more.