Mindfulness is all the rage. But, for most people, they’re not quite sure what it is and or how they can use it to their advantage. Sound familiar? We’ve got you covered. Here’s what to know about mindfulness and ways it can help you.
How Can Mindfulness Be Incorporated into Your Daily Routine?
What is mindfulness?
Mindfulness simply means being fully present and aware of the situation in real time. Rather than letting your mind wander, trying to interpret why you’re thinking something, or passing judgment, simply sense and feel in the moment. In the process, you’ll be letting go of stress, anxiety, and rumination and instead simply direct your attention to the here and now.
Why practice it?
There are many benefits that come with being more mindful. These include less anxiety, lower levels of depression, and reduced stress. Over time, it can lead to less negative thinking patterns and more focused attention on what you’re doing at any given moment. This can improve your mood and overall sense of well-being, as well as help you cope with stress and challenges.
How can you practice it?
There are many ways you can become more mindful. These include:
- Paying attention to what you’re doing. Rather than ruminating, thinking, judging, and stressing, stay in the moment and just focus on what you are doing, whether you’re working, taking a walk, talking to a friend, or eating a meal.
- Actively listen without judging. Rather than listening to someone and trying to think of your next question, truly take in their words and try to understand them. Don’t pass judgment or criticize.
- Using breathing techniques. With breathing techniques, sit with your back straight and take in a deep breath, hold it for a moment, then blow it out. Let all your thoughts go quiet and instead pay attention to what your body is doing or feeling.
- Going outside. When you’re outdoors, you can awaken your senses and take in different smells, sights, and sounds. This will stop your mind from wandering and create a sense of peace and calm.
- Starting a new morning routine. Rather than waking up each morning and checking your phone, start each day by practicing mindfulness. As you wake up, focus on how your body feels. When you get your coffee, look at the color of the mug, think about how it feels in your hand and the way the coffee smells as you pour it. Sit quietly and take a few deep breaths before you jump into your day.
Is your job getting in the way of mindfulness?
Turn to the recruiters at Future Force. As a leading staffing agency serving Orlando, FL, and nearby areas, we can help you find a better-fit job for your needs, goals, and life. Search now!